SMART STROKES 2020 Scholarship application opens February 17
This scholarship provides stroke nursing and allied health clinicians across Australasia with the opportunity to receive financial assistance to attend the two day SMART STROKES 2020 Conference.
Who is eligible to apply?
Nursing and Allied Health clinicians within Australasia are required to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Current role working with stroke survivors and their families /carers in either a specialist or generalist role, in an acute, subacute or community based setting.
- Describe in detail your commitment to improving stroke management outcomes and stroke services delivery. Include details regarding relevant and recent professional development, quality improvement activities and implementation of evidence based practice.
- Outline at least two (2) specific objectives for attending the conference. Specify how these apply to your field of practice and how you will share these with your team.
- Hold a current Authority to Practice (Registration) – if relevant to the profession.
* Researchers / scientists whose research relates to stroke may also be considered
FUNDING FOR 2020
There is one category of scholarship available:
Full Delegate Scholarship – Registration valued at $650 with the possibility of assistance with airfares/ accommodation up to a total value of $2,000.
*The Scholarship Review Committee will prioritise scholarship recipients based on but not limited to: selection criteria merit and completion of all listed application process requirements.
*No funding will be considered for salary replacement purposes. The Scholarship Review Committee will allocate funds for assistance with airfares/ accommodation at their discretion.
This is a competitive process so, please take some time with your application
All applications must include:
- A 3 page (maximum) curriculum vitae (CV).
- A written response to the relevant selection criteria.
- A copy of annual Authority to Practice (Registration) notice / receipt if relevant to the profession.
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.